A beautiful Pit Bull named Ginger playing with her “mom’s” niece with a very WET Frisbee toy! Since Ginger loves to play “toss and retrieve” with a tennis ball in the pool, she was always taking on water as she brought the ball back. Her “mom,” Laura, of California, was very concerned with Dry Drowning or Secondary Drowning, which occurs, both in children and dogs, generally AFTER they have left the pool. With so-called dry drowning, water never reaches the lungs. Instead, breathing in water causes your dogchild’s vocal cords to spasm and close up. That shuts off his airways, making it hard to breathe. You would start to notice those signs right away — it wouldn’t happen out of the blue days later.
COME ** SIT ** STAY
Come to the 40th Annual Houston World Series of Dog Shows, the city’s premier canine extravaganza, held July 19-23, 2017, at NRG Center in Houston, Texas 77054. Hedz UP Pets will be in Booth 511. Come see us and our beautiful dogs, modeling their Watercollars!
This awesome picture of Zsiga, the cool Wirehaired Viszla, is owned by Miriam, who also owns the Desert Pet Companion Magazine, www.DesertPetCompanion.com, which ran a news story of the Hedz UP Pets Watercollar in 2016. Another dog was used for the story, because, as Miriam said, Zsiga did not look “AMUSED”! She said that her other option would have been to wait until he smiled!! I’m guessing she never caught him smiling! Just had to share this with you.
Tessa and Ella (with the white face)
These beautiful little Havanese Darlings were on vacation in Florida and needed a little help in learning to swim. Their “mom” said that their life jackets were not working for them, so she found Hedz UP Pets online, and here’s her story.
The watercollars worked great. We put the little Swimways dog float up to the edge of the pool and they would jump into it. We then put it in the middle of the pool and encouraged them to jump out of the float and swim to the stairs. They loved it. They did not mind either putting the watercollar on or taking it off. Your device works so much better than the life jackets which were unstable. The life jackets would almost turn them over.
Susan A., Libertyville, IL, vacationing in Key West, FL
Precious words from Angie’s owner:
Attached are a few snaps of our 15 year old golden retriever Angie enjoying her new water collar.
As she has suffered from epilepsy for over 8 years and can now hardly walk – the water exercise is great for her. She loves swimming but was having trouble holding her head above water as she got older. This water collar has reinvigorated her.
Robyn B. from Sydney, AUSTRALIA
National Pet Expert Arden Moore Reveals the Best Pet Products of 2016 in Her “Santa Paws”-Themed Show on Pet Life Radio.
Moore Highlights Products That Enrich the Health, Safety and Quality of Life for Pets.
Hedz Up Watercollars on a pack of water-happy dogs
“I only picked the best of the best pet products for this year’s list–your pets will squeal with delight to receive any of them under the holiday tree.” Arden Moore, National Pet Expert and Oh Behave show host.
Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) December 06, 2016
It can be argued that people these days spend as much time searching for the best holiday presents for their four-legged family members as they do for their human friends and family. As pets have assumed a bigger role in many Americans’ lives, pet parents’ desire to find the highest quality and most innovative pet products has also increased.
For this reason, America’s Pet Health and Safety Coach Arden Moore carefully selected her 2016 list of Best Pet Products that are being spotlighted on her award-winning Oh Behave radio show. Moore’s Santa Paws-themed broadcast airs beginning on December 6th, 2016 on Pet Life Radio, the world’s largest pet radio network.
Moore chose the following pet products as pet category standouts for 2016:
- Katris Lynks. These creatively shaped cat scratchers not only look great in any room and can be configured in numerous combinations, but their super-dense corrugated cardboard also mean less shreds fall out than in other shredders on the market. Less shredding equals longer lasting and less cleanup.
- Lucy Pet Cats Incredible Litter. Not only does this litter have patent-pending technology that keeps urine-smelling ammonia from forming inside the litter box, but all profits from the sale of the company’s products go to the Lucy Pet Foundation, a 501(c)3 charity whose mission is to reduce pet overpopulation via mobile spay and neuter clinics.
- Alcott Adventures Traveler Car Safety Belt. Alcott Adventures recognizes that dogs make great travel mates and are committed to keeping them safe in vehicles. Their Traveler Car Safety Belt can easily be hooked into a universal seat belt receptacle and then hooked to a dog’s harness or collar to keep the family dog safe and in their seat during road trips short or long.
- Hedz UP Pets Watercollars. The Watercollar repeats its appearance on last year’s list as the premier pet personal flotation device on the market. Its patented design keeps a dog’s head out of the water at all times, so a dog cannot drown, even if he tires while swimming or if he cannot find a way out of a pool. This is a must-have for any dog who spends time in or around a swimming area.
- Carlson Morgan Premium Beef Treats. These high-protein, limited ingredient dog treats sport many raving fans—canine and human alike. Made in California, Carlson Morgan’s Premium Beef Treats are absent of the filler ingredients found in most other treats and have no artificial flavors or colors. These treats are exactly what nature intended dogs to eat, and are available in bulk right now at a holiday promotional price.
- Stella and Chewy Meal Mixers. Meal Mixers are a great way to “Kickstart Your Kibble” by adding raw, nutrient-rich meat, wholesome fruit and vegetables, probiotics and antioxidants to a dog’s kibble diet. They are great for enticing picky eaters while also giving dogs some much-needed variety in their diet.
- Dry Mate Litter Mat. The Litter Mat’s unique fabric is waterproof while it simultaneously collects litter particles to reduce the tracking of cat litter throughout a house. Cats love the feel of it on their feet, and cat parents love that it’s machine washable and made in the USA.
- Alcott Adventures Pet First Aid Kit. Another repeat product from last year’s list, Alcott’s Pet First Aid Kit is a must-have for pet lovers who take safety seriously. Its compact design and 40+ contents include vinyl gloves, hydrogen peroxide, scissors, tape, saline eye wash, and an oral syringe amongst many other necessities to keep your favorite pet (and human) safe.
- Solvit Car Cuddler. Anyone who has traveled with a dog in their car knows that dogs can be rough on a vehicle’s interior. Solvit’s Car Cuddler solves this problem by covering the vehicle seat while also providing a plush center section that allows the dog to ride in exceptional comfort.
To listen to the radio broadcast, to learn where to purchase the products, and to find out more about why Moore chose the products on this year’s list, please visit http://www.petliferadio.com/behaveep301.html.
About Arden Moore: Arden Moore, America’s Pet Health and Safety Coach™, is a pet behavior consultant, master certified pet first aid instructor, best-selling author, in-demand speaker and host of the Oh Behave Show on Pet Life Radio. She also teams up with her rescued dog and cat, Kona and Casey, to conduct pet behavior and veterinarian-endorsed pet first aid classes as part of her company, Pet First Aid 4 U. Learn more about Arden at http://www.fourleggedlife.com and http://www.petfirstaid4u.com.
Keep your pet safe offshore with Hedz UP Pets Watercollar, a hexagonal-shaped PFD for dogs that not only keeps Fido afloat, but, even if he’s unconscious, keeps his snout above water to maximize survivability. The collar is made of non-absorbent, closed-cell foam and covered with cotton fabric. Unlike a conventional lifejacket, the Watercollar attached directly to a dog’s own collar with a set of polyurethane straps that allow your pet to see and move freely. Sizes range from small to extra-large. Now the only worry if Fido goes in the drink is dealing with a wet stinky beast when you get him back on board! From $39 Hedz UP Pets, www.HedzUpPets.com or www.SaveDogsFromDrowning.com.
We at Hedz UP Pets just found out, through a new customer, about this incredible man who has made it his mission in life to rescue dogs from shelters in the South that euthanize their animals after only a few days if they can’t find homes for them. Greg Mahle, from Ohio, has become a shining light in this utter darkness. He has created a lifeline for thousands of dogs — currently upwards of 55,000, and counting!
He purchased an air conditioned semi tractor trailer, outfitted it with a huge number of crates, has a crew of people who travel with him to take care of the dogs, and delivers them to the waiting arms of people in towns up and down the East Coast. It is one of the most selfless stories I’ve ever heard.
Here’s what his website says:
“A Low Cost Transport Service for Rescue Dogs in the Deep South and an Ohio based rescue. We are a licensed USDA Class-T Carrier providing loving, humane road trips for homeless, unwanted and unloved dogs facing assured, immediate death in Southern Kill Shelters. We deliver to Loving “Forever Homes” in New England and the surrounding areas.
“We leave Ohio on Tuesdays, passing through Kentucky, Tennessee and Mississippi and arrive in Texas on Wednesday nights. Thursday, we work our way from Texas, head across Louisiana and then head north toward Tennessee. Fridays are spent getting from the South to above the Mason Dixon Line. Saturdays are the magic days because, after facing death, all dogs with me are about to embark on the most love-filled part of their lives with their forever families. It is a very wonderful, emotional event for all involved. And. Yes. We usually shed a few happy tears. We are home on Sundays for some hard-earned rest. On Mondays, we clean trailers and sanitize crates and get ready to do “that rescue thing” on Tuesday.”
Hi, Lynne, I just had to share this pic of Brock in his PFD. We took him swimming in the pool and he won’t get in without his WATERCOLLAR! He hates wearing a life vest because it tips him over, but he dives right in with this!
Brock — “Mr. Cool”!!
Visit our “Buy Now” page and order one for your water-loving pooch!
A news story entitled, LET YOUR DOG GO FOR THE GOLD WITH THIS OLYMPIC-INSPIRED GEAR, by Sue Manning of The Associated Press, went out on the wires last Thursday. The Hedz UP Pets Watercollar was one of the products she highlighted! So far, over 100 news outlets have picked up the story across the U.S., including ABCNEWS.com, and in both Australia and England! Check out this link to see just one of the newspapers that picked up the story, the Colorado City Gazette.
Check it out and share it with your friends! Thank you!!